Friday, June 25, 2010

Today Was One of THOSE Days

I can't stand that commercial that comes on TV with the sad looking people, the sad music, and how depression doesn't only effect you. It also effects your husband, your children, and your neglected dog. When I hear that music, it instantly puts me in a funk. It makes me feel like I am some loony who should be locked away.

Today was one of THOSE days. I was in a funk. I didn't feel like doing anything. It's summer time, the sun was out, the birds were singing. Granted, it was hot as hell outside. But on THOSE days I always feel like I SHOULD BE out enjoying the day with my kiddos. But I am in that funk. I don't feel like cleaning. I don't feel like playing. I don't feel like doing art. And you know it's bad when I don't even feel like getting on the computer. I just want to sleep.

I went into the bedroom to lay down. The kiddos are used to it, I guess. They didn't even question it. They just continued to play and have their fun together. I feel so blessed that they get along so well and are best friends.

I laid in bed, in my funk. Dozed off for a bit and thought, "I'm going to start that blog today and I'm going to call it" and then I thought on it for a bit. My husband came home early so that we could all go to the pool. I didn't feel like going. There is that part of me that just wants to lay there. Take advantage of that moment to "have a break". But deep down, I know I should be having that time with my family. I did get up finally and go along with them. I knew that if I stayed home, I would instantly miss them when they left and regret my decision to not go. We had a good time. There was hardly anyone there and we stayed until the pool closed. The kiddos were thrilled.

Tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment